In today’s heavily outsourced business services industries, it is not uncommon for businesses to outsource as many tasks and services as possible. However, outsourcing is not always the best or most cost-effective option for your business, so you need to weigh the pros and cons when making a decision. For some businesses, it can make more sense to purchase their own washer and dryer sets and do their own commercial laundry in-house, rather than using a commercial laundry service.
- Convenience – You do not have to wait for clean laundry to be dropped off and dirty laundry to be picked up. You can start loads whenever you want and always have clean uniforms, towels, and other items on hand. Plus, you are able to ensure your specific laundry needs are met, which can be a problem with commercial laundry services.
- Speed – Commercial laundry services have turnaround times ranging from 24 to 48 hours or longer. By doing your own commercial laundry, you can have clean apparel in about 2 to 3 hours, depending on the cycle settings and soil levels.
- Time – It is easy to fit in loads of laundry in between clients and customers. It only takes a few minutes to start a load and transfer loads, if needed, to the dryer. If you have multiple employees, folding loads also takes a few minutes if everyone pitches in and helps.
- Affordability – You have complete control over your laundry costs. With a commercial laundry service, they may pick up and drop off daily, and bill you each time they do so, even if you only have a small amount of dirty laundry. With in-house laundry, you have the flexibility to do loads only when it is necessary.
- Avoid Errors – Commercial laundry services are run by humans, and they do make mistakes from time to time, leading to you ending up with another business’s laundry, or your dirty laundry getting lost or misplaced. These issues are easy to avoid by washing your own commercial laundry at your business in your own machines.
There could be a few drawbacks to doing your own laundry over using a commercial laundry service. For instance, if you have large volumes of dirty laundry to do each day, and it would require a large number of washers and dryers, it might not be practical for you. Another potential con is if you lack the sufficient staff to help ensure laundry is being completed and kept up on.
In the end, you are the one who has to determine whether doing your own commercial laundry in-house or outsourcing it is best for your business. In cases where you only have a few loads to do each day, in the long run it can be worth the investment in modern, energy-efficient LG washer dryer combos, with ventless drying. To learn more about LG Washer Dryer sets or assistance in selecting the right sets for your business, contact FJS Distributors, Inc. now at 1-800-875-1533.