As the combination washer dryer grows in popularity in the United States, so does the number of appliances offered by various manufacturers. Some of the more popular manufacturers rated the best in 2015 for washer and dryer combo models used in the home were Whirlpool, GE, Maytag, and LG. While GE’s, Maytag’s, and Whirlpool’s “combination” machine is actually a stacked washer and dryer in one, the LG washer dryer combo is a single front loading appliance.
The key difference between LG’s washer and dryer in one and the other brands is there is no need to transfer clothes in between loads. The LG model washes and dries the clothes in the same appliance. With the stacked “combination” models, the clothes have to be transferred from the washer to the dryer.
When shopping for a new combination washer and dryer, pay careful attention to the following items:
- Capacity: It is important to select a combination machine with the capacity to fit your needs, but in a size to fit in your home.
- Drying Method: Ventless drying eliminates needing a dryer vent. While some brands do offer vented drying, you actually end up spending more in energy costs for vented drying. Ventless drying cycles run about 30 minutes longer, but use a fraction of the electricity.
- Features: Front loading combination models use a fraction of water and electricity compared to top loading combination models. The best washer and dryer combo has multiple cycles for washing and drying clothes, just like conventional full size appliances.
To learn more about compact combination washers and dryers, contact LG at 800-875-1533 today.
In the past, homes without existing laundry connections or dryer venting capabilities had limited options when it came to in-home laundry solutions. They often had to make weekly trips to their local laundromat and spend an entire day washing and drying clothes. Today, this is no longer an issue, thanks to the modern combination washer and dryer by LG.
All-in-one washer and dryer appliances are already popular in many other locations around the world, like the United Kingdom and Ireland. They are well suited for any home with limited space and no pre-existing washer and dryer connections. You do not need a dryer vent to use a washer dryer combo. Clothes are dried using ventless drying technologies.
How Is a Combination Washer Dryer Installed?
There are several different installation options available with a combination washer dryer. Some homes order a conversion kit to turn the all-in-one washer and dryer into a portable machine. Whenever they need to do laundry, they simply roll the appliance up to their kitchen sink, and connect the intake and discharge hose right to the faucet. Another installation method used by some people is to permanently install the appliance under a countertop in their kitchen or bathroom, since it is easy to tap existing water and drain lines in these locations.
For more information about LG washer dryer combos, or to order yours, call us now at 800-875-1533.
Selecting new laundry appliances for your home or business depends largely on your laundry habits and volume of laundry. Modern laundry appliances include options for compact laundry pairs, large capacity machines, stackable washers and dryers, and combination washer dryer models. The following questions will assist you in the decision process:
- Can you run a load laundry several times a week? Instead of attempting to do all of your laundry on a single day, if you can break this up over multiple days, then a combination washer dryer is a good choice, since both washing and drying functions are performed in the same appliance.
- Do you have existing washer and dryer connections? If your home or business does not have washer and dryer connections, a washer dryer combo provides a bit more flexibility because it can be converted into a portable machine and does not require a dryer vent or special dryer electrical outlet.
- How much room do you have available in your home or business to install a washer and dryer? Space considerations are important, because you need to make sure there is sufficient space, whether you choose individual laundry appliances or an all-in-one solution. If you have limited space, either a stackable washer and dryer or combination machine would work.
Other considerations to help you choose the best laundry solution for your home are to look at the energy saving features on the appliances and whether they feature ventless drying technologies.
Contact us at 800-875-1533 for additional information, and to learn more about energy saving and space saving combo washer dryers, stackable washer dryers, and other laundry solutions for your home or business.
Whenever you are shopping for a compact LG washer and dryer, you need to make sure you understand there are differences between combination units and stackable units. Combo units are a single appliance which allows you to perform both your washing and drying functions in the same unit. Stackable units, on the other hand, are two separate mini-appliances combined into a stacked design to help save on space. The washing is performed in the bottom unit, while drying is completed in the top unit. Stackables can also be separated from one another and placed side-by-side.
Another difference between combination and stackable LG washer and dryer appliances is in how you do laundry. Stackable units allow you to wash one load of clothes at a time, while another is able to be dried simultaneously. With a combo model, you can only do one load at a time, as both washing and drying cycles have to complete before you are able to start another load. Because of this variation in cycle times, many people change their laundry habits and do a load once every few days, rather than attempting to do all of their laundry in a single day. However, you do gain the advantage of being able to put your load in the combo appliance, select your cycles, and then be free to do anything else, because you do not have to wait around for the washing cycle to complete before being able to transfer your clothes into the dryer. Further, a combo unit is ideal for anyone who frequently forgets and leaves wet clothes in their washer.