One issue common with all front loading washers, including LG washers, is the smell they develop over time from continued use. The cause of this smell is from humidity and moisture being trapped inside the machine. It does not matter whether you use the machine on a regular basis, or if it sits unused for a short period of time: eventually a smell becomes apparent.
While there are commercial cleaning products on the market you use with the clean cycle on LG washers, these are not always the most effective in completely getting rid of the smell. There are other more cost-effective things you can do that work much better. The two primary areas causing the smell are the rubber gasket around the door and the washer drum.
- Wipe down the rubber door gasket and drum after each laundry cycle so they are completely dry.
- Clean any mold on the door gasket using a small amount of undiluted bleach. Wait about 5 minutes after applying the bleach on the mold before wiping it off with a damp cloth, and then completely dry the door gasket. You may also use a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda in place of bleach.
- Mix about 1 quart of warm water and ¼ cup white vinegar into a bucket. Wet a cleaning rag but do not wring it out. Wipe down the inside of the drum, and then dry the drum.
- Pour about ½ cup of white vinegar into the soap dispenser and run the clean cycle on the washer. Vinegar naturally kills any bacteria growing inside your washer and gets rid of unwanted odors. For stubborn smells, add ½ cup of baking soda to the drum before starting the cycle.
- Leave the washer door open for about two hours after the last cycle. This allows any humidity to escape from the machine.
By following these tips, you will have a fresh-smelling washer all of the time. Feel free to contact us at 800-875-1533 for other useful tips, or assistance in picking out new laundry appliances.
Keeping rental occupancy rates high is important in order to make sure you have the resources necessary to maintain the property, as well as to earn profits for the owners. One effective way to increase rental retention rates, as well as draw in new tenants, is to feature in-home stackable washer and dryer models in each of your units. Depending on the size of your community, this could be a major project, but, once it is complete, not only will your tenants appreciate being able to do laundry at home, but you will also start to notice a return on your investment in purchasing washers and dryers for your community.
Preparing for Your Stackable Washer and Dryer Installation Project
The first thing you need to do is determine where the stackable washer and dryer models are going to be installed in your rental units. If the units do not currently have washer and dryer connections, you want to select a hallway storage closet or other area that provides convenient access to hot and cold water lines, 110V and 220V electrical wiring, and a discharge drain. One suggested location is in the kitchen or near it, since the kitchen has all of these connections. You do not have to worry about dryer venting if you select ventless dryer models.
After you decide where you are installing the stacked laundry pairs, the next step is to prepare the units and order your washers and dryers with stacking kits. Feel free to contact us at 800-875-1533 to discuss your rental community’s laundry needs. We are able to work with you and help you develop an effective project plan.
For those of you with tweens and teens, it is worth your time to teach your kids how to do laundry. Not only will this be a beneficial skill for them to have when they head off to college or leave home, but it also helps you now by reducing the amount of laundry you have to wash each week. While some parents are reluctant to allow their kids to do all of the laundry, letting them wash and dry their own clothes in your LG washer and dryer means you have more free time on your hands. You no longer have to spend hours picking up their clothes off of the floor and washing and drying numerous loads of laundry.
There are several essential steps your kids need to learn to successfully wash and dry their own clothes, including:
- Learning how to sort clothing
- Measuring the correct amount of detergent and other laundry aids
- Selecting the right settings on the LG washer and dryer
Many of the settings on your washer and dryer are preset, and the machines might remember any changes you made to the settings. You should assist your kids for about the first month they start doing laundry on their own. One useful tip parents follow is making a step-by-step instruction sheet and hanging it up in the laundry room for their tweens and teens to reference any time they are washing and drying clothes.
For more information about LG washer and dryer sets, contact us today at 800-875-1533.
Adding a stackable washer and dryer to your home requires some planning and preparation. First, you need to consider the dimensions of the laundry pair you are considering purchasing. Use these measurements, along with the recommended clearances for the machines, to determine exactly how much space is required for the appliances. You can avoid venting space requirements and dryer vent installation hassles by choosing a ventless dryer.
Next, select an area in the home which has easy access to plumbing and electrical wiring to make tapping lines and installing electrical outlets less expensive. Once you have selected the location to install your new stackable machines, you must attach to tap water and drain lines, and have electrical outlets installed. Do not hesitate to hire a qualified, licensed and insured contractor to do this work if it is beyond your skill level.
Creative Laundry Room Ideas for Installing a Stackable Washer and Dryer
There are several different creative ideas about where you can install a stackable washer and dryer in your home. Some people use a pantry cabinet in their kitchen, remove the doors and shelving, and use this for their washer and dryer. Another design idea is to remove a tall linen cabinet in the bathroom and use this space for the laundry pair. You could also convert a hallway closet and use the extra space for storing your laundry supplies, and add a pull-out folding/ironing table.
Feel free to contact us at 800-875-1533 to obtain dimensions for our stackable washer and dryer models, or for further assistance in ordering your new appliances for your home.
Any time you are shopping for new washer and dryer sets, you need to make sure you correctly match laundry pairs. Both washers and dryers have maximum capacities. Where many people go wrong is purchasing an extra-large capacity washer and not matching the dryer to it. For instance, if the washer’s capacity is 25 pounds of clothes, but the dyer’s capacity is only 16 pounds of clothes, it is a waste of money. For every 25 pounds of clothes washed, you end up having to split them to accommodate the dryer and to run two drying cycles. It makes more sense to ensure that the capacity of the washer and the dryer match each other. It is okay if the dryer is slightly larger than the washer, like if you find a dryer with a capacity for 18 pounds of clothing, and a washer with a capacity for 16 pounds of clothing.
In addition to matching the laundry capacities with washer and dryer sets, you need to look at washer models that extract the most water. Washers with higher rpm speeds are better than those with lower rpm speeds. The faster the washer spins during spin cycles, the more water is removed, and the less time and energy is needed to fully dry the clothes. Washers with rpm speeds of at least 1,000 are ideal. Just remember, if you are looking at a large or extra-large capacity washer, the rpm speed should be higher, to accommodate the additional weight of the clothing.
Doing laundry is a household chore most people dislike the most because of the amount of time involved. You better utilize your laundry time and get the most of your LG washer and dryer by following these helpful tips:
- Sort your clothes throughout the week. Instead of piling clothes into one laundry basket and spending time sorting them on laundry day, use multiple laundry baskets for your dirty laundry — like whites, lights, darks, and delicates.
- Pretreat stains when you notice them. Not only is this better for your clothes, it will save you time, later. Some people wait until laundry day to pretreat stains on their dirty clothes. This requires going through every single piece of clothing and trying to remember which ones had stains on them, wasting time.
- On laundry day, your first load should be the one you dislike the most. For instance, some people dread having to fold socks and t-shirts. If you wait and put this off until the last load, what ends up happening is the load often gets forgotten in the LG washer or the dryer. By tackling your least liked load first, you get it out of the way. Make the last load of clothes the one you like the most, like jeans or dress pants, since these do not require much effort to wash, dry, fold, or hang up.
To learn more about LG washers and dryers and other laundry tips, contact one of our laundry technicians at 800-875-1533.
Doing laundry does not have to be a major chore taking up your entire day. There are several things you can do to make the hours pass more quickly and ensure you maximize your time. Before starting a load of laundry in your LG washer dryer combo, plan out what you want to do while the cycle runs. Since the combination washer dryer washes and dries your clothes in the same appliance, you will have between 2 ½ and 3 hours per cycle. During this time, you could complete other household chores, such as running the vacuum, dusting, washing dishes, or running errands.
While you are doing laundry in your LG washer dryer combo and completing other household chores, listening to your favorite music helps keep you motivated and focused on what you need to get done. You could also turn on the television and listen to your local news and weather in the background. If you have children at home, and they are old enough to help with chores, involve them in the laundry and cleaning activities by engaging them in various games. For example, you can have them help sort clothes by placing their clothing into individual stacks of the same colors, and reward them with a treat for correctly color matching all of the clothes.
To learn more about LG washer dryer combos or other laundry solutions for your home, contact one of our laundry professionals at 800-875-1533.