It is easy to convert a side by side washer dryer into a stacked washer dryer with a stacking accessory kit. The stacking kit includes all of the necessary parts and components needed to secure the dryer in place on top of the washer, like retainer brackets and padded strips. Most people are able to do the work themselves with the right tools, like a socket wrench set and various screwdrivers. You will also need someone to help you lift the dryer and set it on top of the washer.
The following steps outline how to convert your side by side washer dryer into a stacked washer dryer:
- Unplug the electrical cords on both the washer and the dryer.
- Move the dryer to a location where you can easily access it.
- Remove the feet from the bottom of the dryer and install the padded strips.
- Pull the washer forward for access to the rear for installing the retainer brackets.
- Situate the dryer on top of the washer and install the retainer brackets.
- Carefully push the washer and dryer back into place.
- Reconnect the electrical cords.
Keep in mind these steps are for a typical conversion and may vary based on the particular washer and dryer model. To order a stacking kit for LG washer and dryer sets, call us at 800-875-1533.