There are several advantages to installing stacked washer and dryer appliances in your multi-family rental homes, apartments or condominiums:
- Retention rates are higher, because residents tend to renew leases with in-home laundry.
- You can charge more for monthly rentals with in-unit laundry. Rental rates are typically $40 to $100 more per month, compared to rentals without in-home laundry. Over the course of 12 months, that is an additional $480 to $1,200 per year, per rental unit.
- A stacked washer and dryer saves space and gives you flexibility in the location where you want to install your units. The only connection requirements are access to the proper electrical outlets, hot and cold water lines, and a discharge drain pipe.
- You do not have to worry about venting or the building requirements for dryer vents. Modern ventless technologies found on our dryers do not need to be vented outdoors.
- Condominium resale values are $4,000 to $10,000 higher, compared to homes without in-unit laundry.
- In-home laundry increases the marketability for older communities.
- Low maintenance and operational costs. Modern laundry pairs are energy efficient, which means a potential reduction in water bills and electricity. They also use a fraction of the soap, so there is less impact on older plumbing.
- Reduced construction costs for new buildings, rehabs and renovation projects. Because of the connection requirements, engineers and architects are free to design units without worrying about dryer venting being an issue or major cost constraint.