Properly maintaining front-loading LG washers and dryers requires establishing a set routine and completing tasks on a regular basis. The following simple maintenance tips help ensure your washer and dryer operates correctly and lasts longer.
- Verify the washer and dryer is level. Sometimes the machines can become unbalanced from continued usage and vibrations. Push down on individual corners and see if the machine tips to one side or another. If so, adjust the feet and level the machine before using it.
- Inspect the dryer lint screen/filter. Clean the dryer lint screen/filter before each load. Lint build-up prevents proper air flow and makes it more difficult for the dryer to dry clothes.
- Clean dryer venting on vented dryers annually. A vented dryer blows air outside through dryer venting. Lint can accumulate inside the venting pipes and becomes a fire hazard. Have a professional clean the vents at least once a year to remove any excess lint.
- Wipe excess water out of the washer. After you are done doing laundry for the day, wipe up any excess water on the door and around the rubber gaskets on the front of the washer.
- Leave the washer door open in between loads. All front-loaders have a slight amount of water left in the drum after every load of laundry. Leaving the door open allows the water to evaporate, and decreases problems with mold and mildew.
For more tips for LG washers and dryers, or assistance in finding a new stacked washer dryer or washer dryer combo, contact us today at 800-875-1533.