Everyone has heard of “going green,” or becoming environmentally friendly, by reducing your carbon footprint through recycling and energy conservation. Whether you own a laundromat or do your laundry at home in a washer and dryer in one, there are several things you can do to help promote a friendlier environment and still end up with clean clothes.
- Replace Machines with Energy Efficient Models: Modern LG washing machines use a fraction of the water, detergent, fabric softener, and bleach to wash clothes. New ventless drying technologies are also more energy-efficient than traditional vented drying.
- Use HE Detergents and Laundry Supplies: High efficiency (HE) detergents and laundry supplies only require a small amount to get your clothes clean. Not only is this good for the environment, but it saves you money.
- Use Cold Water Cycles: Washing and rinsing clothes on cold cycles helps save money spent to heat warm and hot water. If you have to use warm or hot water wash cycles, make sure rinse cycles are set to cold.
- Use Heat Conversion Technology: Laundromats can take advantage of new technologies, such as diverting excess heat and using it to help heat water and lower energy bills.
- Run Full Loads: Washing and drying a partial load of laundry uses about as much energy as full loads.
Taking the time to implement these practices makes doing laundry “green” and helps reduce your laundry costs. For other energy-saving ideas or assistance in selecting new energy-efficient LG washer dryer combos, contact us at 800-875-1533.