For homes without a central laundry room, one suggested installation location for a washer dryer in one is in your kitchen underneath your countertop. Installing the washer dryer combo is not difficult if you are capable of performing do-it-yourself tasks on your own. Otherwise, it is recommended you hire a qualified contractor to do the work.
- Measure the width of the all-in-one washer dryer and select a location where a cabinet is at least two inches wider — ideally next to the sink base cabinet.
- Carefully remove the countertop above the cabinet and remove the cabinet.
- Tap hot and cold water lines, and the drain pipe underneath the sink. Cut holes in the side of the sink base cabinet to run the hose connections from the appliance to underneath the sink, and attach them to the newly tapped lines.
- Slide the appliance in place, making sure there is at least one inch of clearance on both sides and sufficient clearance in the back.
- Connect the discharge hose and water hoses to the washer dryer in one. Turn on the water and check for leaks.
- Plug the all-in-one washer dryer into a standard 3-prong household outlet, such as the same one your garbage disposal plugs into under the sink. If you have to plug it into a wall outlet, carefully cut a groove into the back of the countertop in the right location.
- Reinstall the countertop.
After installation, you are ready to start doing laundry. There is no need to worry about installing a dryer vent since the combination washer dryer uses ventless drying.
Order your new washer and dryer in one today by visiting our online store, or by calling us at 800-875-1533.